Indian Passport FAQ
When my passport is due for renewal?
Your passport is due to renewal before 1 year of expiry.
today’s date : 01/01/2018
Expiry date on passport : 10/12/2018 . You can renew your passport.
How much time does it take for Indian passport application to process?
Usually it takes around 4 weeks for new Indian passport application to get processed.
What is minimum validity of passport to apply for visa?
Generally, you should have Indian passport with at least 6 months of validity if you are applying for any travel visa to India.
What if my passport is expired?
If your Indian passport has expired for more than a month you may require additional documents/JP attestation. Its always better to apply before you passport expires.
Indian OCI FAQ
Who are not eligible for Indian OCI?
- Person of Indian origin who have migrated to Pakistan or Bangladesh are not eligible to apply for Indian OCI card.
- No foreign military/police/defence personnel either in service or retired including civil servant working in Ministry of Defence as IT engineers/civil contractors will be registered as OCI card holder.
Who are eligible to apply for Indian OCI card?
Children, grand children and great grand children of an OCI card holder are eligible to get OCI card too.
Can an OCI cardholder get Indian citizenship back?
Yes,a person registered as OCI is eligible to apply for grant of Indian citizenship under section 5(1)(g) of the Citizenship Act,1955 if he/she is registered as OCI for 5 years and has been residing in India for 1 year out of 5 years before making the applicaion.
What are the benefits of having an Indian OCI card?
- Multiple entry, multi purpose , lifelong visa for visiting India.
- Exemption from registration with local police authorities for any lenth of stay in India.
- Indian OCI card holder can purchase residential and commercial properties in India.
Indian Travel Visa FAQ
When should you apply for Indian passport renewal?
Most of the airlines allow to travel with minimum 6 months of validity of Indian passport. It is advisable